NAPA Emergency Roadside Assistance Program
The NAPA Emergency Roadside Assistance Program (“Program”) is made available exclusively through authorized NAPA AUTOPRO and NAPA AutoCare service facilities (“NAPA service center”) in Canada only. The Program is made available to licensed vehicle owners of a qualifying vehicle and who are regular service customers of any participating and authorized NAPA service center. The suggested retail price of the Program is a maximum of $19.99; however, NAPA service centers may offer this to you for less. Participation in the Program is subject to the terms, exclusions, conditions, restrictions, and limitations outlined below.
How it Works
Congratulations! Once your supplying NAPA service center has successfully registered your vehicle, We’ve Got You Covered for emergency roadside services for up to 6 months!
TO ACCESS NAPA’S EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE ANYTIME, CALL: 1-866-GET-NAPA (1-866-438-6272)
• If your vehicle is within 40 km, it will be towed back to your original NAPA service center OR, in the event that there is no authorized NAPA service center within 40 km, to another fully licensed service and repair facility or to the nearest dealer of the vehicle’s original manufacturer.
• Dead battery? No problem! We’ll be there with a jump start!
• Keys locked inside your car? We’ll get them out! (Key replacement not included.)
• Run out of gas? We’ll deliver up to 10 liters of fuel to you! (Cost of gas and other fluids not
included. See below.)
Flat Tire Change
• Roadside flat? We’ll be there to change to your spare!
WHAT TO DO IF YOU REQUIRE EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE:
• You can call our toll-free number 24/7; however, your access to no-charge emergency services does not come into effect until 5 days (120 hours) following your NAPA service center has completed the registration of your vehicle. You must call 1-866-438-6272. Our operators will transfer you through to Club Auto Roadside Service Ltd., our contracted dispatch service center, to arrange for assistance. What if my NAPA service center failed to register my vehicle for coverage? In the event that your supplying NAPA service center, which offered you this coverage, failed to properly complete your vehicle registration OR that your vehicle is ineligible for coverage under this Program OR that we cannot locate your vehicle registration file, emergency roadside services will not be denied to you; however, you may be required to pay the dispatched emergency service provider on site and then seek reimbursement directly from the NAPA service center that offered you this coverage. In each instance, any reimbursement that may be considered by the NAPA service
center that offered you this coverage will require presentation of an original service invoice. Upon presentation of an original service invoice and verification (at the NAPA service center’s sole discretion) that these services were offered to you, the NAPA service center will reimburse you for a maximum of $75.00 on the first occurrence only, unless otherwise agreed upon by you and the NAPA service center.
Does the service cover me or my vehicle?
The services available are registered to your vehicle—not to you. No matter who may be driving your vehicle, services will be dispatched to the registered vehicle on file. Does my vehicle qualify? Eligible vehicles include all passenger cars and light-duty trucks used for regular daily transportation and not exceeding 3,600 kg in gross vehicle weight. Commercial vehicles including fleet and heavy duty vehicles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, farm, racing and off-road vehicles are not eligible. Note: Vehicles which have been modified from original equipment may be subject to additional owner charges if special equipment is required to provide services under this Program, e.g., lowered vehicles, raised vehicles, and aftermarket spoilers.
Will I receive confirmation of my activation?
If you have provided your NAPA service center with your email address then yes! Following your NAPA service center’s completion of your registration, including your email address, confirmation of coverage will be sent directly to you!
When does my coverage start and end?
Your coverage period starts 5 days (120 hours) following the date of your NAPA service center’s completed registration and will continue for 6 full consecutive months or for up to 3 separate occasions within any 6-month term— whichever occurs first.
How often can I use these services?
You can use the service up to three (3) times during your 6-month coverage period.
Am I required to pay for any services or coverage under this Program?
Only in the event of the following:
• Your vehicle is ineligible for coverage pursuant to the terms and conditions of this program.
• Your NAPA service center offered this coverage to you but failed to properly register your vehicle for coverage.
• Any fuel or fluids are delivered to you or for any key replacement.
• You request a tow greater than 40 km.
o Excess mileage charges (over 40 km) vary by province, but will in no instance exceed $3.50 per kilometer.
In the event that you are charged more than the rates prescribed above, NAPA will reimburse you the difference with sufficient proof.
What is the coverage area?
NAPA’s emergency roadside services are available 24/7 anywhere in North America, excluding Nunavut and Hawaii.
What do you use my NAPA service center information for?
Exclusions, restrictions and limitations of liability and service
The NAPA Emergency Roadside Assistance Program can only be offered or sold to you by an authorized and participating automotive service center displaying the marks NAPA AUTOPRO or NAPA AutoCare in Canada. The Program is available to consumers that are registered in advance by their supplying NAPA service center only. In the event that your supplying NAPA service center failed to register your vehicle for coverage in advance of you calling to request any of the listed services, or that your coverage period has yet to start or that your vehicle is ineligible, emergency roadside services will still be available to you; however, you may be required to pay the dispatched emergency service provider on site directly and then seek reimbursement from the NAPA service center that offered you this coverage. UAP Inc. / NAPA Canada (NAPA) and NAPA’s program administrator, Matthew Scott Marketing, assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for services provided, including consequential or incidental costs or for reimbursement of services provided to any
consumer or consumer’s vehicle that is ineligible for coverage or that was not properly registered by their NAPA service center a minimum of 5 days (120 hours) in advance of the request for services. All services are supplied by Club Auto Roadside Services Ltd. and are available in most areas of North America, excluding Nunavut and Hawaii.
For greater certainty, the services available under NAPA’s Emergency Roadside Assistance Program do not include, are limited by, or are subject to the following:
• Winch outs, ditch tows, extrication or accident recovery.
• Commercial vehicles including fleet vehicles and/or vehicles in excess of 3,600 kg, recreational vehicles, farm, racing or off-road vehicles are not eligible.
• A roadside tire change will be performed only when the emergency spare designed for the vehicle is pre-mounted on a rim, safe for use and available with the vehicle. Dual-wheeled vehicles are exceptioned from this service.
• Vehicles requiring a tow which have been modified from original equipment may be subject to additional charges for flat bed or special services.
• Usage is limited to three (3) occasions during any 6-month coverage period, which commences 5 days (120 hours) following registration by the supplying NAPA service center.
• Towing is limited to 40 km. Vehicles requiring a tow will be taken to the original NAPA service center that registered them for this ERA Program if within 40 km. In the event that the original registering NAPA service center is more than 40 km away, the vehicle will be taken to the next nearest NAPA authorized warranty center when available or the nearest fully licensed service center or the dealer of the vehicle’s original manufacturer.
• Excess towing mileage charges apply if you request a tow greater than 40 km. If a NAPA authorized warranty center is greater than 40 km from the inoperative vehicle requiring a tow, we reserve the right to tow the vehicle to the closest licensed general repair facility or the dealer of the vehicle’s manufacturer.
o Excess mileage charges vary by province and are subject to the on-site service provider’s discretion.
• Service does not include the cost of gasoline, fluids or key replacement.
o The cost of regular fuel will at no time be greater than 5% from the then posted retail cost of regular octane gasoline. In the event that you are charged more than the rate prescribed above, NAPA will reimburse you the difference with sufficient proof.
• Transporting the operators of a disable vehicle and their passengers to or from their disabled vehicle or transporting such persons after any service has been rendered.
• Accepting appointments for service calls.
• Cost of parts, labour or incidental or consequential expenses related to repair of the vehicle under any circumstances are not covered UNLESS the cost of parts or repairs are eligible for coverage under NAPA’s Limited Peace of Mind Nationwide Warranty. For the complete terms and conditions, including eligibility that you may be entitled to under NAPA’s Limited Peace of Mind Nationwide Warranty, please visit www.napaautopro.com or www.napaautocare.ca or call us toll-free at 1-866-438-6272 anytime Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
• A vehicle which is abandoned, unlicensed, unplated or to be towed to a salvage yard.
• Any charges relating to impounding and storage.
• Service to a vehicle driven into an area not regularly traveled or which is impassable (e.g., private recreational roads, mud driveways, laneways or beaches).
• Service to a vehicle located in snowbound areas. (We will not shovel snow to access any vehicle or provide service to any vehicle located in an unplowed driveway.)
• Any consumer that is deemed, at NAPA’s sole discretion, to be abusing the services or using them for other than their intended purposes of providing emergency roadside assistance will be automatically cancelled from further coverage.
• Repeated service calls for a vehicle which, in NAPA’s opinion, requires maintenance or repairs.
• Delays are sometimes unavoidable due to heavy demands for service. Under such circumstances, NAPA reserves the right to initially tow to the nearest repair facility/service
center and, after the heavy demand is over, to tow the eligible vehicle to the NAPA service center that registered its coverage or to the next nearest authorized NAPA service center. In which case all towing shall be treated as one service call. If the vehicle is already in a safe place, such as a private or public garage, driveway, etc., NAPA reserves the right to service the eligible vehicle only after the heavy demand is over. NAPA shall service the eligible vehicle as soon as possible and in any event no later than 2 days from the time service is requested. NAPA reserves the right to cancel this program at any time without notice; however, qualifying vehicles that have been pre-registered any time prior to any cancellation date or notice by NAPA will continue to receive full benefit of their stated coverage for the remainder of their coverage term as measured from 5 days (120 hours) following the date of activation by their supplying NAPA service center.
© NAPA Canada / UAP Inc. 2017. NAPA, NAPA AUTOPRO and NAPA AutoCare are registered marks.
All rights reserved.