Whether you realize it or not, you depend on your vehicle – a lot! Whether to get you to work on time, take the kids to school, or to dentist appointments, you depend on your vehicle not to leave you and your family stranded. The best way to extend the life of your car is to perform regular car service and preventative maintenance. J&R Automotive Service offers quality, affordable preventative maintenance and other auto repair services to help keep your vehicle where it should be – on the road.
What vehicle service and preventative maintenance does: Preventative Maintenance includes regular check-ups and car service for your vehicle. It can catch complications with your car before it needs significant repairs. Having J&R Automotive Service do your preventative maintenance will expand the life of your car and keep it performing effectively for years ahead.
Why Car Service & Preventative Maintenance is important:Regular preventative service is the best way for you to save money on auto repair and save time on simple, avoidable mechanical problems.
Most preventative maintenance is done at specific periods, and the timetable for your vehicle can easily be found in the owner’s handbook.
Routine maintenance is recommended:
- Depending on driving conditions, regularity, and automobile make, model, and year
- Every 30,000 kilometers until 75,000
- After 75,000 kilometers, take your automobile in once a year
- Seasonally for A/C and Heater maintenance
- Bi-annually to inspect and rotate tires
- Oil and fluid changes ought to be done every 5,000-8,000 kilometers
Preventative maintenance could generally consist of any of the following actions:
- Inspect and replace/flush the engine fluids: Oil, Brake Fluid, Power Steering fluid, Windshield Washer Fluid, Transmission Fluid, Antifreeze, Coolant
- Check and/or replace filters: Air Filter, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter
- Tire Balancing and Rotation
- Tire alignment
- Check all Lights
- Check wiper blades
- Examine tires for wear and air pressure
- Check and/or change brake pads
- Tighten up nuts and bolts
- Inspect belts and hoses
- Check for leaks or oxidation
- Test the battery
- Check HVAC system: Vents, air conditioning and heating, etc
- Run Engine Diagnostics
To keep your automobile running longer, schedule your preventative maintenance car service with J&R Automotive Service. Let us help you stay on the road and prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your vehicle.